I finished a sweater! This is always exciting to me. The Lace V Necked Cardigan is out of Louisa Harding's Modern Classics and knit with Malabrigo's Silky Merino. The lace pattern was easy to learn and not very fussy so I had only a few mistakes and they were easy to spot and fix. The mother of pearl buttons pick up the yellow greens in the sweater. The yarn is soft and light while kettle dyed variations keep the color alive and subtly changing. It took a little time so I rewarded myself by working on a quick knit topdown baby sweater out of Universal yarn , Tapestry, in a bright self patterning red. It looks alot like a red sweater all my kid's wore as toddlers so I knitting it brings back sweet memories of Natalie, Steven and James. Pictures to follow soon.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment